The task will be completed in 3 stages:
1. Obtaining the banner code on the site https://www.iubenda.com/en.
2. Installing the banner code on your site.
3. Checking the operation of the banner on your site.
1. Register on the service https://www.iubenda.com/en
Click on the “Sign up” button in the upper right corner and enter your email and password. After registration, click on the link in the confirmation email:
2. Go to your account on the website https://www.iubenda.com/en/dashboard
Click on the “Start generating” button:
In the settings, select “Website”; enter the domain of the site; select the language of the site and click on “Start generating”:
3. Click on the “Generate Now” button in the “Cookie Solution” field:
5. Return to your personal account in iubenda.com service
Click on the embed button:
6. Click on the “Copy” button:
You now have a banner code.
- Go to your InfluencerSoft account.
- Open the “Websites” – “Pages” section and click on the “Set up” button of the site on which you want to set the consent banner using cookies:
- Select the “More” settings tab. Paste the iubenda.com banner code into the “Add HEAD code” field and save the settings:
Now the banner has been added to the site.
- Clear all cookies in the browser where you plan to check. You can do this according to this instruction. Alternative way – use incognito browser mode.
- Go to any page of your site. It should display a banner. Do not click “Accept” now:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I (for Windows) or Shift + Cmd + I (for MacOS) – the browser will open the console. In the console, select “Applications”, “Cookies”, then – the site – and check if cookies are displayed. Select your domain from the list in field 3 – cookies should not be displayed in field 4:
- Click on the “Accept” button in the banner without closing the console. Cookies should appear immediately:
If everything happens as shown above, the banner works correctly.