/Campaigns / How to setup your business Email
- 1 Sender contact information
- 2 Main parameters
- 3 Email templates
- 4 Email server
This page allows you to make general settings for all mailings.
To begin, click on Campaigns in the main menu on your dashboard, and then select Settings.
The Mailing settings consists of six tabs:
- Sender contact information
- Main parameters
- Email templates
- Email server
- Messenger Integration
Sender contact information
On the Sender’s Contacts tab, you must add and confirm at least one email address that will be used as the sender’s address in the messages.
Adding a sender
To add a new sender address, click the Add button. A pop-up window appears with the settings. The first four fields of the form are required:
The sender’s email is checked for compliance with the DMARC policy. This means that as an email sender, you can use only emails created on your domain (corporate emails). The use of email on free mail services as an email sender is not recommended since this can lead to the rejection of your mailings.
You may use only the domain mail for the sender email
We described how to create an email on the domain in this article.
When you fill a particular field in the window How footer of your email will look like, the content of your message will be updated. So, you will be able to assess the need to add certain data.
After filling in the form fields, you need to save the entered data. If the required fields are filled and the email meets DMARC requirements, then a message will be sent to confirm their email addresses.
While the email will not be confirmed by the transition through the link from the message, it cannot be specified as the sender in the settings of the messages. The confirmation email can be sent again by pressing the corresponding button.
Editing a sender contact
To edit the information about the sender’s contact, click on the Sender's name or on the Sender's email (number 1 in the screenshot). A window will open in which you can edit the contact information of the sender. Initially, only four fields will be displayed in the window, but if you click on the Show advanced settings button (number 2 in the screenshot), all the sender’s contact settings will be displayed.
If several sender emails are added to the account, one of them will be selected as the primary one. The primary sender will be used by default when creating new categories, contact groups, emails, and payment reminders.
To change the main sender, you need to put a marker (point) in front of the email in the Default column. Here is a video guide on how to setup your sender email.
This tab allows you to configure:
- Address for testing messages – this address will receive test messages, allowing you to evaluate how the message from subscribers will be displayed
- URL after subscription, activation, and cancellation – if you leave these fields blank, default InfluencerSoft pages will be used. However, you can customize your pages (for example, add a welcome video, instructions for activating the subscription, etc.)
- Show the Report Spam and Unsubscribe from the mailing buttons in the emails. In this case, it adds two useful buttons to your mailing list.
- Automatically add a vCard contact to the emails. Data format VCARD – an electronic business card will be added to all emails. A vCard record can contain a name, address, phone numbers, URL, etc.
- Checkbox auto-cleaning subscribers who have not read 15 emails in 45 days allow you to enable the automatic deletion of inactive subscribers. When activated, an account of unopened emails will be automatically maintained for each subscriber. If sending emails is rare (for example, once a week or less), the subscriber will be considered inactive after not opening 15 emails in a row. The period of 45 days in such a case will not be taken into account. If a mailing occurs frequently (for example, daily), then the subscriber will be considered inactive after 45 days. The restriction of 15 emails, in this case, does not work, i.e., both conditions must be fulfilled
- Such a subscriber will be sent one last email, which can be edited on this page using the default InfluencerSoft editor. If he or she follows the link in the email, the activity counter will reset to zero and the countdown will begin again. If the message is ignored, it will be automatically deleted from the database
This tab allows you to configure your own template for automatic and instant messages. Here, you can add links to your site and groups in social networks, the project logo, or the author’s photo. All these elements will be automatically added to each email sent, which will shorten the time for editing it.
The template is modified using the default InfluencerSoft editor.
Note! A template for instant and automatic distribution is separately set up, as well as for the HTML and text versions of the message.
After executing all the settings, you must click the Save button to apply them.
By default, all emails you send to subscribers are sent from InfluencerSoft servers. You can choose your server for sending emails – then emails that you configure in auto-chains, funnels, etc., will be sent from your server.
To do this, select the “other” option in the server settings.
Fill in all the settings fields of your server for sending emails and click on the button Send test message button.
You can get all the necessary data in the control panel of the service, from the server from which you want to send emails. Find the data in the control panel or resources in the knowledge base or contact the support of the email service.
In the event of an error in sending a test email, you should first check with the support service with which you are setting up the integration, whether mailing from the selected sender is allowed. You should also clarify whether the correct port is selected (for example, for smtp.gmail.com, when using SSL, you need to select port 465, and when using TLS, select port 587). Here is a guide on how you can setup a free sender email on Zoho Mail.
Sending and Editing emails by Lists
Sending and Editing Email by Activity
Article is closed for comments.