/ Automation / Processes
- What are the Processes for?
- How to add process?
- How to edit a previously created process?
- How to disable the process?
- How to delete the process?
What are the Processes for?
Processes allow you to set up a variable chain of actions for a contact, which will be started and executed, providing the contact fulfillment of one condition (triggers and events). By using the processes, you can segment the base, flexibly configure the sales funnel. Below, we describe the solutions to two of the huge number of tasks implemented by processes.
Make a personal offer to the customer
Task. Set up the email campaign for contacts who cancelled their orders. Make a special offer to those who paid the bill, depending on the amount of previously paid bills.
- Add the “New order” trigger and select the desired product
- Add action “Add to list” and “Made the order“
- Add the “Cancelled order” and “Paid order” triggers
- Add the “Send email” action for the “Cancelled order” trigger. Add the “End of process” action
- Add filter “Total amount paid — greater or equal to — 50,000” to the “Paid order” trigger
- Add these filter options:
If “Yes”, add the action “Send email “50% discount“
If “No”, add the action “Send email “30% discount“
- Add the “End of process” action
Result. Customers who canceled the order receive an offer to purchase a cheaper product. Customers who have paid the order receive an offer to buy a second product at discount; the discount rate depends on the total amount of previously paid orders.
Remind the student about the course
Many students take the course and drop it off halfway or even at the beginning.
Task. Send a reminder to students who have not started the course within 7 days after purchase.
- Using a Rule, adjust the tag “Lesson1” for students who opened the first lesson.
- Add a “Paid course 7 days ago” tag. Perform the step after the fulfillment of the previous one in 7 days. This step is necessary in order to set the interval in the process execution.
- Add a filter “Tags – matches – Lesson1”
If “Yes”, add “End of process” action.
If “No”, add the action “Send email “You didn`t open the lesson”.
- Add the “End of process” action.
How to add a process?
To configure a process, go to “Tasks”, “Processes”, and click “Add process”.
When you create a new process, it is named by default as “Process (Date/Time)”. You can rename it to something that will be clear to you. Customers and subscribers will never see it.
Click on the process name; enter a new name and click “Save”.
Main elements of the section
There are “Filter” and “Add process” buttons on the main page of the subsection. In the main part of the window — a list of already created processes, number of triggers for each, number of contacts in the process, and for which the process was completed, toggle on/off, and delete button.
How many times will the process run for a single contact?
The process can be executed once, or in an infinite number of times simultaneously or not simultaneously.
Let us consider an example.
You added two initial triggers to the process “New order” and “Add to list”.
If a process is to be run for a contact once, the customer who made an order and is in the process according to this trigger will not be in the process again later when another or the same trigger is triggered for him.
If the process is executed for one contact at any number of times, the contact already in the process will be added to it again when the same or another trigger is triggered for the contact again.
However, because the process can be run on a contact for more than 1 day, you can limit the process to contacts for which the process has not been completed. To do this, select “any number of times, if not started.”
How to edit a previously created process?
Click the name of the created process to start editing.
How to disable the process?
To disable the process, simply move the green slider to the left.
(Green background – on, black – off).
How to delete a process?
To delete a process, click the “cross” next to the desired process. After the confirmation, the process and all information about it (done) will be deleted.