/ Contacts /Teams
- What are teams for?
- Section Features
- User Team Management
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What are teams for?
This section allows you to combine users into a team performing one function and automatically distribute between them new tasks by a given algorithm. For example, this could be a call center team, there may be several people doing or assembling your sales pages according to the layout, or it can be a team of one person (let it be the head of the department), to whom you designate the main tasks, and he will have to paint and implement them.
There are two ways to get to the section:
1. Click on the dropdown in the upper right corner, go to “Users”, then select “Teams”.
- Add team – allows you to create a new team
- Filter – helps to find a team by name
- Names of created teams – Edit it by clicking on the name
- Users of the team – click on the avatar to open a user profile
- Processes that create tasks for each team (if any) – select the name of a process to edit
Adding a Team
Click on the “Add team” button on the main page of the section. Set up the command:
- Enter a name for the team.
- Add users from the drop-down list.
- Choose the number of tasks that will be assigned to each user for each distribution circle. By default, tasks are assigned one at a time to each user, you can choose a user or users to be assigned a larger number of tasks.
For example, if you have one full-time user and two half-day users on this task, the distribution will be as follows: two tasks per circle to the first user, and one task for the second and third users. Thus, the first user will receive twice as many assigned tasks.
- Choose the principle of task distribution. Tasks can be assigned sequentially to all users on the team, or you can first assign tasks to those users who have the least number of outstanding tasks.
- Click “Save.”
User Team Management
Where can I see which teams a user is in?
In the list of users in the “Teams” field, you can see which teams each user is in. Also, this information is displayed in the user profile settings.
How can I remove a user from a team or assign him to another team?
There are two ways to do this:
1. In the team management section, select a team you want to edit. Go to the Edit team and click on the cross next to the user whom you want to remove from the team.
2. By editing a user profile. The corresponding field displays all the teams to which the user is assigned. By clicking on the cross in this field, you will remove the user from the team. If you click on the white field, you will be able to add a user to the team.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
-What happens if you delete or turn off a user account?
If the user’s account is deleted, he will be lost from all the teams in which he was a member.
If the user’s account is disabled, he will remain in the team, but new tasks will not be assigned to him. In the team, the name of the disabled user will be grayed out.
How will tasks be distributed if the principle “The user who is farthest from their maximum number of tasks in a round receives the next one” is selected?
Let’s look at an example. Three users have been added to the Team. The first is assigned three tasks per distribution circle, the second – 5 tasks, the third – 7 tasks.
When adding new tasks, the first two will be assigned to the “7 tasks” user. Then, in terms of the number of tasks not distributed, he will be equal to the user of “5 tasks”. The next new task will be assigned to the “5 tasks” user, after which the task will be assigned to the “7 tasks” user, etc. until they are equal in the number of unallocated tasks to the “3 tasks” user. The remaining tasks will be distributed in turn – one for each user.